Proficiency in wheel work
A 4-month residency to gain mastery on the potter’s wheel. This course will teach you to throw perfectly, center the clay, open and lift perfect cylinders, pots, bowls and jars with lids.
- Learning the primary methods of wheel work. Achieving the perfection in
repetitive throwing. Recycling of clay body.
- Centering the Clay on Wheel.
- Making the Cylinder of same size.
- Hump throwing the small pots.
- Making the bowl.
- Making the jars with lid.
- Lemon set. Tea kettle.
- Section throwing.
- Clay making and recycling the old clay.
- Making your own clay
- Formation of glazes
- Testing your own glazes
- Learning glaze firing in gas kiln
- Articles made during the learning will be recycled.
- If student wants to fire and glaze the pottery made by them will be charged extra.
- Admissions are limited for residencies
- Lodging and all meals are included
Fees: Rs. 60,000 + 18% GST per month
Total Rs. 70,800 per month, inclusive of material, lodging (sharing basis), and all meals (Single room occupancy available at additional charge)
RESIDENCY – ADVANCED WHEEL THROWING
Are you, or someone you know, interested in wheel working and would like to attend this residency?
Please complete this form and we will contact you with additional details, schedules, availability and pricing.
Sandeep started his journey with ceramics at the age of eight and he has dedicated his life to practicing and teaching pottery. Over the last few decades, Sandeep has taught and mentored hundreds of ceramic artists and enthusiasts across India.
Set among the lush farmlands of Raigad, with the verdant hills as a backdrop, the studio sets the stage for a slower life away from the city. Anvi Pottery attracts ceramists from all over India to practice pottery and attend classes, events and residencies.